Do you have an interest in giving voice to Sonoma County’s Latino population? If so, The Press Democrat, a division of Sonoma Media Investments, is seeking an editor and online community manager to elevate La Prensa Sonoma, our Spanish-language news report for Latino readers. You will oversee the print and digital products, increase outreach to the community and shape content that is fresh and relevant. You will be expected to:
- Demonstrate the vision, judgment and skills that produce superior content across all platforms that engage a multi-generational Latino audience.
- Immerse yourself in the community and build sources to expand coverage.
- Edit content on deadline for accuracy, clarity, style and impact.
- Curate and translate the Press Democrat news from English to Spanish.
- Compose compelling content about Latino’s emerging social issues, news and community events.
- Identify and promote content on social media in ways that engage and increase our Latino audience.
- Uphold standards for quality and productivity.
- A strong native-level fluency in the Spanish language is required (both written and verbal), with a preference for the Mexican dialect.
- Experience in producing and editing content in a deadline-driven environment is desired.
- Strong social media skills for business are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred.
This position is based in Santa Rosa, Calif., located an hour north of San Francisco in the heart of Sonoma County’s scenic Wine Country, where a mix of cultures and issues make it one of California’s most dynamic regions. This full time position will involve night and weekend work.
Sonoma Media Investment’s values the contribution of their employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, accident insurance and paid time off. Additionally, we ae committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To apply, please include a resume, a letter describing how you would approach this position and up to six samples of superior work that you have created or directly enhanced to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer