Sonoma Media Investments is seeking an experienced full-time Network Administrator to join our IT team, administering and supporting the computer systems used throughout our company. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and great team member with broad experience in virtual and physical networks, strong diagnostic skills, and excellent customer service. You will use your technical, user support, and facilitator skills to ensure the reliability of our network, deliver excellent customer service, and a positive user experience. This position is the hub for network-related activities. Your contribution will be vital in helping our staff continue delivering award-winning journalism to the North Bay.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Primary point of contact for network related services
- Maintain network reliability, availability and security
- Field, diagnose, and resolve or escalate requests
- Develop and maintain network documentation
- Overflow helpdesk support
- Hands-on implementation of desktop hardware and software
- Work with network engineer to implement network hardware and software
- Responsive user support
- Coordinate with vendors
- Structured and unstructured user training
- Ticket maintenance and management
- Work on-call rotation, including weekends
- Identify and recommend improvements and innovations
- AS/AA degree in IT or equivalent. Field experience or certifications may substitute.
- 5-plus years of experience in a business environment, supporting Windows, Mac, and cloud hardware and software
- 5-plus years of experience interacting with users and supporting line of business software
- 3-plus years of experience administering Windows networks containing; Active Directory, MS Exchange, network storage, VMWare, SQL, and network equipment
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Travel to user sites in Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, Petaluma, and Sonoma as needed
- Automation and scripting experience
- Experience with VOIP telephony and IVR systems
- Experience with cloud applications (e.g. Office 365, NetSuite)
- Experience with Co-Lo and cloud IaaS environments preferred
- Ticket system experience
- Experience in 24×7 production environment; media and printing preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Valid California State Driver’s License with no serious driving offenses
- A reliable source of transportation with proof of insurance is required
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off. Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To be considered please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and state the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.