Sonoma Media Investments is seeking an experienced full-time help desk professional to join our IT team, providing technical support to the computer systems used throughout our company. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who delivers excellent customer service and a positive user experience. This position is the first point of contact for requesting IT service. Your contribution will be vital in helping our award-winning staff continue delivering the best newspapers, journals, and magazines in the region.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Primary point of contact for IT service requests
- Field, diagnose, and resolve Level-1/2 requests
- Field, diagnose, and escalate Level-3 requests
- Hands-on implementation of hardware and software
- Responsive user support
- Coordinate with vendors
- Structured and unstructured user training
- Identify and recommend improvements and innovations
- Ticket maintenance and management
- Ability to work on-call rotation, including weekends
- AS/AA degree in IT or equivalent field experience required
- 2-plus years’ experience in a business environment, supporting Windows, Mac, and cloud hardware and software
- 2-plus years of experience interacting with users and supporting line of business software
- Experience supporting and training users in PC/Mac/Network environments
- Travel to user sites in Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, Petaluma, and Sonoma as needed
- Experience with Windows networks, Active Directory, Exchange, and Office365
- Experience with VOIP telephony and IVR systems
- Experience with cloud applications (e.g. Office 365, NetSuite) and environments
- Ticket system experience
- Remote user support experience
- Experience in 24×7 production environment; media and printing preferred
- Experience with SQL, AWS or Azure, VMWare, and network equipment is a plus
- Advanced MS Office skills a plus
- Scripting experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have valid California State Driver’s License with no serious driving offenses
- A reliable source of transportation with proof of insurance is required
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off. Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To be considered please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and state the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.