Sonoma Media Investments is the local news source for Sonoma County. Our award winning publications include; The Press Democrat, Sonoma Index Tribune, Petaluma Argus Courier, North Bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine, and La Prensa Sonoma. We are seeking an experienced full or part-time Database Developer/Analyst to join our IT team. You will work with users throughout our company to support and leverage our comprehensive suite of information systems.
Are you a self-starter and a great team member, with broad experience in SQL databases? Do you want to use your experience to design, create, and support integrations, automation, and reporting that improve our customers’ experience, raise user productivity, and simplify business operations?
Are you driven to make a difference? To deliver excellent customer service, and a positive user experience? This position is a cornerstone for getting the most out of our information. Your contribution will be vital to supporting SMI staff as they deliver award-winning journalism to the North Bay.
- Be the primary point of contact for business systems related services and projects
- Develop, maintain, and support custom integrations, automation, and legacy systems
- Be the SME for our databases and architecture
- Field, diagnose, and resolve user issues and requests
- Develop and maintain documentation for custom systems
- Work with systems vendors
- Provide structured and unstructured user training
- Handle overflow IT Helpdesk requests for level 1 break-fix
- Work on call rotation
- Identify and recommend systems improvements and innovations
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable
- 3 years of experience working with users, supporting mission critical business applications
- 3 years of experience as an MS SQL developer and report writer
- 3 years of programming experience using common back-office languages and environments
- Experience with SQL administration
- Experience with hybrid cloud environments
- Project management experience
- SQL work includes; Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, and Triggers
- Reporting tools include; Crystal, Monarch, and SSRS
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of common Windows and Mac hardware and software
- Experience in 24×7 production environment; media and printing preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- A reliable source of transportation with proof of insurance is required
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the San Francisco North Bay.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 – read one or more of our publications, including; The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine, and La Prensa Sonoma.
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
To be considered please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and state the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.