Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa is seeking a Community Events & Sponsorships Specialist to join our team. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordination of SMI events under direction of the Events and Sponsorships Director.
- Assist with Celebrate Community Partnership events.
- Work with Creative Team and Digital Ops to create ad materials needed for events and sponsorships.
- Create ad schedules for all events.
- Create and maintain ticket sales site for each event where needed. Currently Eventbrite.
- General knowledge of social media platforms, and ability to post as needed in a professional context.
- Coordinate exit surveys for all audiences with help of the audience research director.
- Coordinate event logistical components to include but not limited to working with caterers, wineries, event vendors, site managers, volunteers.
- Onsite event oversight where needed. Includes managing the check in process for all events as well as directing internal as well as external volunteers.
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets (budgets, statistics, contacts etc.) as necessary for reporting and sharing.
- Maintain all event photos in a photo file on shared drive.
- Project management as assigned.
- Coordinate CC, YSA and All Empire Events alongside the Executive Assistant.
- College degree in Business/Hospitality/Communications/Marketing or related field preferred.
- Must possess a valid California State Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation.
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
We are committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing. To be considered please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and state the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.