Sonoma Media Investments is seeking a part-time Accounting Intern to join our team. This position handles a variety of functions in the accounting department. We are looking for a self-starter with a positive, can-do approach to daily tasks and projects.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Process all credit card payments from both advertising and circulation and monitor Edgil system
- Prepare and balance daily deposit
- Research and resolve credit card payments disputes
- Process Lock Box and run cash reports
- Prepare daily accounting reports
- Other duties as assigned by Controller
- AA Degree in accounting preferred
- Two years of solid accounting experience preferred
- Administrative, Accounting or related enterprise
- Experience with business accounting systems
- Experience with computerized spreadsheets and word processing software
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North Bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of all its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan. We are committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To be considered for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Sonoma Media Investments Is An Equal Opportunity Employer