EmeraldReport.com, a division of Sonoma Media Investments, is seeking a President to develop and manage our brand, Emerald Report, with the goal of becoming the go-to source of cannabis news, culture, information and product testing and reviews. EmeraldReport.com has national appeal to an upscale consumer market seeking well written, reliable information from credible writers along with reviews and ratings of cannabis products. The president is responsible for providing strategic leadership by working with SMI management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. The qualified candidate will have a passion for all things cannabis and excitement for building a new consumer cannabis publication, brand and reputation.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Embodies the entrepreneurial mindset to create and manage an authoritative site for the emerging cannabis industry.
- Assemble a worldwide network of expert contributors who provide ongoing relevant content.
- Develop a review and rating system for Cannabis products – (similar to Wine Spectator)
- Develop a business plan highlighting new revenue opportunities and partnerships.
- Spearheading revenue initiatives and partnership development.
- Oversee brand development to ensure that EmeraldReport.com is a recognized leader.
- Leverage The Press Democrat and The North Bay Business Journal assets and staff for content development.
- Provide leadership in community and public relations.
- Develop potential industry related events that extend the Emerald Report brand.
Required skills include:
- Business and entrepreneurial minded brand development skills.
- Focus on cannabis consumer interests.
- Prior business development experience and Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of product/brand management experience preferred.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Decision Making.
- Performance Management.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Financial Management.
This position is based in Santa Rosa, Calif., located an hour north of San Francisco in the heart of Sonoma County’s emerging cannabis industry, where a mix of cultures and issues make it one of California’s most dynamic regions. The region, home to 650,000 people, is an international destination for tourists and produces some of the best wine and beer on the planet. Two colleges, along with thriving tech, farm and government sectors make this region of diverse communities an exciting and dynamic place to work.
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North Bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of its employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, accident insurance and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, submit a letter describing your vision for expanding this consumer focused cannabis news and information product as well as your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer