EmeraldReport.com, a division of Sonoma Media Investments, is seeking an Executive Director to develop and manage our brand, Emerald Report, with the goal of becoming the go-to source of cannabis news, culture, information and product testing and reviews. EmeraldReport.com has national appeal to an upscale consumer market seeking well written, reliable information from credible writers along with reviews and ratings of cannabis products. The qualified candidate will have a passion for all things cannabis and excitement for building a new consumer cannabis publication, brand and reputation.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Seeking an individual who embodies the entrepreneurial mindset to create and manage an authoritative site for the emerging cannabis industry.
- Assemble a worldwide network of expert contributors who provide ongoing relevant content.
- Develop a review and rating system for Cannabis products – (similar to Wine Spectator)
- Develop a business plan highlighting new revenue opportunities and partnerships.
- Spearheading revenue initiatives and partnership development.
- Oversee brand development to ensure that EmeraldReport.com is a recognized leader.
- Leverage The Press Democrat and The North Bay Business Journal assets and staff for content development.
- Provide leadership in community and public relations.
- Develop potential industry related events that extend the Emerald Report brand.
Required skills include:
- Business and entrepreneurial-minded brand development skills.
- Focus on cannabis consumer interests.
- Prior business development experience and Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of product/brand management experience preferred.
This position is based in Santa Rosa, Calif., located an hour north of San Francisco in the heart of Sonoma County’s emerging cannabis industry, where a mix of cultures and issues make it one of California’s most dynamic regions. Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of its employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, accident insurance and paid time off. To be considered for this position, submit a letter describing your vision for expanding this consumer-focused cannabis news and information product as well as your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer